[h-e-w] How do I print to an IP address printer from emacs?

From: tpmjohnson
Subject: [h-e-w] How do I print to an IP address printer from emacs?
Date: Wed, 19 Aug 2009 21:22:06 -0400

I am a Vista user and new to emacs (23). Whenever I try to print the current buffer with headers I receive the error: 'Opening output file: permission denied, c:/xx.xx.x.xxx' where xxx is the ip address port name of the current default printer. It seems like it is trying to print to a file named xx.xx.x.xxx instead of to the port? I have read through the various wiki entries but none of the suggestions seem to work.  Any ideas on how to change this?