Re: [h-e-w] MS Windows Keybinding

From: Eli Zaretskii
Subject: Re: [h-e-w] MS Windows Keybinding
Date: Tue, 30 Oct 2007 22:20:49 +0200

> Date: Tue, 30 Oct 2007 18:48:59 +0100
> From: "Lennart Borgman (gmail)" <address@hidden>
> CC:  address@hidden,  address@hidden,  address@hidden
>
> A slightly simplified version of the hook function I use is found
> below. As you can see from the code most keyboard input just passes
> by this hook.

Your hook assumes that when you see, e.g., VK_RWIN, it is the actual
keypress of the RightWindow key.  But in a low-level hook, this
assumption might well be wrong, because the key could have been
preceded by some modifier, or even remapped by higher-level hooks to
something else.

(Btw, your handler lacks the default: case.)

> That is why I say that it does not raise the complexity for that
> input.

And that is why I say it does.