[h-e-w] Emacs 22.1 $HOME

From: Shanks N
Subject: [h-e-w] Emacs 22.1 $HOME
Date: Mon, 04 Jun 2007 23:17:08 +0530

Is there a way to make Emacs-22.1 use the old behaviour of looking at
c:/ generally when nothing is specified as HOME instead of the current
<user>/Application Data?

I have currently set things up such that there is Only one line in the
_Emacs file in App Data folder which loads c:/_Emacs.  This doesn't
seem too good as Ispell searches for the dictionary file English.hash
in App Data folder.  I had to copy the file from c:/ to the profile
folder to make it work.

As I'm the only user of the machine I prefer the c:/ as the root place
for Emacs init files.

regards,
Shanks