Re: [h-e-w] Re: EmacsW32 and rss on Gnus

From: Lennart Borgman (gmail)
Subject: Re: [h-e-w] Re: EmacsW32 and rss on Gnus
Date: Sat, 30 Dec 2006 01:28:56 +0100

Brian Elmegaard wrote:
"Lennart Borgman (gmail)" <address@hidden> writes:

patched version in this area. I wonder about the build dates of the
patched version you tried before and the unpatched version you are
using now.

They were different 061214 and 061228. With the patched version of
today rss works again.

Thanks for testing.

Most of what EmacsW32 contains is related to MS Windows. However to
get things out of the door I have now also included Nxhtml and Nxml
modes for example. They are not at all related to MS Windows, but
pretty useful for editing XHTML/HTML or XML.

What about adding auctex? What about a
search-and-install-packages-on-the-fly addition?
Something like Miktex package manager.
Unfortunately I know very little about auctex.

I thought about writing a package installer before, but decided that it would be much better if that problem was solved in a platform independent way. I actually started writing an elisp based installer (building on some work by Stefan Monnier), but that work is dormant at the moment. There are too many other small problems on the MS Windows side that seems more important to solve.