Re: [h-e-w] Re: Unix utilities for Emacs on MS Windows

From: Lennart Borgman
Subject: Re: [h-e-w] Re: Unix utilities for Emacs on MS Windows
Date: Tue, 29 Nov 2005 01:01:14 +0100

Stephen Leake wrote:

I can not find it in the Cygwin setup program (it is in my opinion
difficult to find things there).

Yes, it is difficult. The place to search is

http://cygwin.com/packages/

You can type in an executable name, and it returns the package
containing it.

There should be a pointer to that page in the Cygwin install tool, or
a version of the search engine there!
Thanks. Do you mean there is such a pointer now or that you want that feature?

I mount the Cygwin file systems in Unix line ending mode, so CVS does
no translation for me (which is what I want, and what the manual
says). I have at times mounted the Cygwin file systems in DOS line
ending mode, and then CVS output DOS line endings.
Thanks again. Then I think I will try it.