Re: [h-e-w] How to setup Cygwin/MSYS with Emacs

From: Lennart Borgman
Subject: Re: [h-e-w] How to setup Cygwin/MSYS with Emacs
Date: Tue, 18 Oct 2005 00:02:55 +0200

Lennart Borgman wrote:

Another small trouble: Both mentions `explicit-shell-file-name' which does not seem to exist in CVS Emacs?

That is all for the moment... ;-)

Hm. I clear this one out myself. Seems like I always forgets how this works. Here is the answer:

`explicit-shell-file-nameĀ“ is defined in shell.el. This file is not loaded normally when you start Emacs. Therefore this variable can not be seen then.

However if you call the function `shell' which is autoloaded the file shell.el will be loaded by autoload. After that `explicit-shell-file-name' will be defined.