Re: [h-e-w] Printing

From: Lennart Borgman
Subject: Re: [h-e-w] Printing
Date: Sun, 26 Jun 2005 00:11:43 +0200

Michael Flynn wrote:

Hi All,

I have a small problem.  My firewall seems to stop me printing from emacs.
If I turn off the firewall I can print just fine from emacs.  With firewall
on or off I can print from all other applications.  I am printing to a
wireless print server, I don't think that should make any difference though.
I do not like to turn off the firewall for obvious reasons, even just for a
few seconds.
Hi Michael,

I do not know anything about your special problem. However if you just want to be able to print from Emacs maybe you can use EmacsW32. It will give you simple printing (just what you see on the screen, but with colors). EmacsW32 uses your default web browser for printing. Does this kind of printing help you?

See http://ourcomments.org/Emacs/EmacsW32.html