Re: [h-e-w] Control frame size on startup from .emacs

From: Robert Praetorius
Subject: Re: [h-e-w] Control frame size on startup from .emacs
Date: Wed, 04 May 2005 17:14:45 -0400

> What do I need to control the frame geometry of emacs on startup?
> A quickie search here didn't turn up an example.

Here's what I use 21.2.1 (with a lot of editing, 'cause there were a
bunch of color and fonts prefs in there, too and v19 compatibility):

(setq default-frame-alist
      `((width . 81) ; so 80th column doesn't wrap
        (height . 49) (top + -8) (left + -2) ,@default-frame-alist))
(if frame-notice-user-settings (frame-notice-user-settings))

I don't know if this is optimal (I just messed with it until it worked)
and I haven't tried it on 21.3.