Re: [h-e-w] gnuserv maintenance

From: Guy Gascoigne-Piggford
Subject: Re: [h-e-w] gnuserv maintenance
Date: Thu, 28 Oct 2004 11:05:40 -0700

Actually that's not necessarily the case. If you don't use .NET feature then you don't have to install the libraries. The old gnuclient was built with VC++ 6.0, but you never had to install the c++ libraries to make it work.

That said, I do think that mingw support would be very good.

Guy

Lennart Borgman wrote:

----- Original Message ----- From: "Dalton, Barnaby" <address@hidden>

: Visual C++ .NET is far more (C++) standards compliant than MSVC6 so if you
: have to stick with a Microsoft compiler .NET would be a much better one to
: choose.

That is of course good, but you have to install a big runtime to be able to
use the compiled programs. Not all old computers have this runtime.

I believe MinGW is a far better alternative.

- Lennart
.