[h-e-w] Problem using --eval

From: Konrad, Doug
Subject: [h-e-w] Problem using --eval
Date: Thu, 13 May 2004 15:27:04 -0700

I'm trying to use ediff in emacs from WinCVS to compare two versions of a
file. It didn't take too long with Google to find people who have done this
successfully using --eval, as in:

        emacs --eval=(ediff-files "version1" "version2")

where version1 and version2 are the actual file names on disk. However, I
get the following messages:

(u:\emacs\emacs-21.3\bin\emacs.exe --eval=(ediff-files "emacs-diff.pl"
"emacs-diff.pl"))
For information about the GNU Project and its goals, type C-h C-p.
command-line-1: End of file during parsing

I found the following reference, which suggests that I'm not the only one
having this problem:

http://mail.gnu.org/archive/html/help-gnu-emacs/2003-01/msg01004.html

Thanks
Doug