[h-e-w] brief emulation on emacs on Windows

From: padmanabha . holla
Subject: [h-e-w] brief emulation on emacs on Windows
Date: Mon, 23 Jun 2003 13:41:23 +0530

Hi there,

I am a new user of emacs on Windows NT.
I am trying to get the brief emulation running on my emacs.
This is how I tried:
1. Downloaded emacs-20.7-bin-i386.tar.gz from gnu site.
2. Unzipped it using winzip.
3. I downloaded the brief.el from
http://www.emacs.mirkolinkonline.de/download/brief.el
4. Compiled it using "ESC x byt-compile" command and created brief.elc.
5. The compiler complained about bs.el. Downloaded this from
http://www.geekware.de/software/emacs/index.html#bs.
6. Created .emacs file with only one line that reads
(require 'brief)

7. Since I have no home directory, I moved the .emacs file to c:\

Still the brief emulation does not work.
I am testing this by loading a .cpp file and hitting <end> keys.
In Brief <End> takes u to end of line, <end><end> takes to the end of screen,
The editor comes up, loads the file, but i have to use the native keys. Ctrl-x
etc.

What am I doing wrong?

thanks in advance,
--