[h-e-w] How to tell (windows) emacs which ftp.exe, ediff.exe, grep.exe..

From: Alexandre Dolique
Subject: [h-e-w] How to tell (windows) emacs which ftp.exe, ediff.exe, grep.exe... files to use
Date: Sat, 1 Mar 2003 14:17:40 +0100 (Romance Standard Time)

Good afternoon,

Would someone know and could please tell me, how to tell emacs where to find the ftp.exe, ediff.exe, grep.exe executables it needs to use to access remote files, execute diffs or grep commands?

I have all these executables on my PC either in the
directory C:\Program Files\emacs-20.7\bin
or in C:\cygwin\bin.

Is there an emacs variable I need to set in my .emacs file?

Thank you very much for your help.

Regards,

Alexandre DOLIQUE.