Re: [h-e-w] PCL-CVS losing *cvs* buffer

From: Stephen Leake
Subject: Re: [h-e-w] PCL-CVS losing *cvs* buffer
Date: 02 Aug 2002 15:07:33 -0400

"Jeff Rancier" <address@hidden> writes:

> Hello,
>
> I typically run PCL-CVS->Directory status, and then run all my CVS command
> from the created *cvs* buffer.  Twice today, while committing a source file,
> I type 'c', but instead of the screen spliting, giving me the *cvs* buffer
> in the top, and the *cvs-commit* in the bottom half in log-edit mode, I get
> the contents of the *cvs* buffer placed into the *cvs-commit* buffer (full
> screen) and the *cvs* is gone.  Type C-c C-c to try and commit, results in
> the message:
>
>     can't find the *cvs* buffer
>
> Has anyone seen this?  I am running the following:

Yes, I have the same problem. I have not tried to find the cause yet.
My work-around is to always delete the *cvs-commit* buffer when I'm
done using pcl-cvs. One of these days, I'll add that to the clean-up
hook.

On a slightly related note, I've added some stuff to pcl-cvs to make
it act more like my (now obsolete) sal-cvs.el. It's in
'pcvs-patches.el' in the zip file 'stephe-emacs.zip' on my web page
http://users.erols.com/leakstan/Stephe/emacs/index.html

--
-- Stephe