[h-e-w] Global search/replace across files?

From: Peter Davis
Subject: [h-e-w] Global search/replace across files?
Date: Sat, 15 Jun 2002 10:44:28 -0400

I'm sure there must be a tool for searching and replacing based on regexps across files. I just don't know what it is. Can anyone enlighten me?

I'm trying to build nmh with cygwin, and the makefiles all contain

        SHELL = /bin/sh

For some reason, they only work if I change this to

        SHELL = sh

but there's a whole tree of makefiles that all contain this string. (NOTE: I can run 'sh', but for some reason, it doesn't run from the makefiles and I get an error.)

Thanks!

-pd

--------
                                Peter Davis
                 Funny stuff at http://www.pfdstudio.com
                 "The artwork formerly shown as prints."
           Resources for children's writers and illustrators
                   http://www.pfdstudio.com/cwrl.html