[h-e-w] Who initially set up address@hidden

From: David Vanderschel
Subject: [h-e-w] Who initially set up address@hidden
Date: 11 Jun 2002 16:10:08 -0500

We have a problem with our archive group at
YahooGroups because it appears that Yahoo has no owner
of record.  The description is way out of date and
needs to be updated, but no one appears to have the
privilege to do so - certainly not myself or Geoff
Voelker.  A message sent to ntemacs-users-owner@
YahooGroups.com evokes a useless bounce suggesting
that the sender contact the owner of the gnu.org list,
which is myself or Voelker; and there is nothing we
can do.

My persistent attempts to get help from Yahoo have
produced but one response from a real person.  He says
that for "privacy" reasons they cannot install a new
owner, and his grossly unhelpful suggestion was to
start a new group with the correct description.  I
don't think that my documented bona fides in this
context even registered with him.  I doubt that their
regular help folks even understand the role of
archiving groups such as ntemacs-users.

I suspect there is no longer any person who has the
"owner" privileges for address@hidden
or else a message to ntemacs-users-owner would not
bounce in the manner it does.  Nevertheless, I still
have some small hope; and thus this plea for the
identity of the original owner.  Assuming that this
quest fails, if anyone knows how to make direct
contact with a responsible support person at
YahooGroups, that could also be very helpful.

Regards,
  David V.