[h-e-w] Re: Font lock changes (v20.7 to v21.2)

From: Bill Pringlemeir
Subject: [h-e-w] Re: Font lock changes (v20.7 to v21.2)
Date: 19 Mar 2002 16:27:45 -0500

 Bill> I decided to upgrade to v21, when I learned that v21.2 has come
 Bill> out.  It appears that something changed with font-lock.  I have
 Bill> code like this,

[actually, I use 21 on a Gnu/Linux system]

Opps, apparently the copy-face function did some sort of `late'
binding in the previous version.  I need to set the background before
doing the copy-faces.  My code is probably at fault.

   ;; font-lock stuff
   (defun bpringle-set-colours ()
     "Set the colours of the current frame"
     (require 'font-lock)
     (require 'ediff)
     (setq font-lock-maximum-decoration 3)
     (set-background-color "black")              ; new!!!!
     (copy-face 'italic 'font-lock-comment-face)
     (copy-face 'bold 'font-lock-function-name-face)
     (copy-face 'default 'font-lock-string-face)
     (copy-face 'default 'font-lock-variable-name-face)
     (copy-face 'italic 'font-lock-keyword-face)
     (copy-face 'default 'font-lock-type-face)

;     (set-background-color "black")
     (set-foreground-color "LightGrey")
[snip]

 Bill> that have a different point size.  I run `info' and run a
 Bill> search on colour, but I don't find anything.  Can some one
 Bill> point me to an info node on the new features in v21?

Apparently Emacs doesn't understand "the Queen's English".  I will
need to add a hook allow extra `u's everywhere ;-)
What is the font for the two characters at the sides?

Regards,
Bill Pringlemeir.