Re: [h-e-w] Annoying message in mini-buffer

From: Jason Rumney
Subject: Re: [h-e-w] Annoying message in mini-buffer
Date: 15 Mar 2002 20:10:14 +0000

"Nascif Abousalh-Neto"<address@hidden> writes:

> I think this is the new "context-sensitive" modeline help.
> I don't know how to disable it, but to make it go away, just move the mouse
> away from the modeline.

Try

(setq show-help-function 'stringp)

or some other innocuous function that takes a string as its argument,
if you don't ever want any help.

There are some unfortunate bugs in 21.1 that let the help text
overwrite other more useful information in the minibuffer (it
shouldn't do that).  Hopefully 21.2 will be released soon with these
bugs fixed.

--
Jason Rumney