Re: [h-e-w] cygwin supbrocess startup directory

From: Robinows
Subject: Re: [h-e-w] cygwin supbrocess startup directory
Date: Sun, 10 Feb 2002 20:52:56 EST

address@hidden writes:

I use cygwin as the shell subprocess under emacs (i.e. M-x shell launches
cygwin).  My shell subprocesses start in my HOME directory.  I need to make
them start in the current directory of the buffer being edited by emacs.
The main reason is that auctex uses cygwin as a shell to run latex.  Under
the current setup I can only use auctex to latex a file in its home
directory.

How do I control the directory in which the shell sub-process starts
?

Probably your ~/.bashrc has code in it to set the working directory to $HOME.
Remove that when running under emacs.

if ! test -z $EMACS; then
# We're called from emacs
fi