Re: [h-e-w] gnuclientw.exe

From: Stephen Leake
Subject: Re: [h-e-w] gnuclientw.exe
Date: 23 Jan 2002 13:02:42 -0500

"Jeff Rancier" <address@hidden> writes:

> Thanks for all your comments.
>
> If you set [HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SOFTWARE\Microsoft\Internet Explorer\View
> Source Editor\Editor Name] to gnuclientw.exe (with the full path), and try
> to view the source of a web page, e.g., http://www.ibiblio.org/javafaq/, IE
> places the file in something like this:
>
> C:\Documents and Settings\jrancier\Local Settings\Temporary Internet
> Files\Content.IE5\GD2VWD2V\javafaq[1]

<snip rest of story>

I had a similar problem; running ediff from WinCVS (not for me, for
the heathen in my group :). I could not find a way to get the quoting
right just using DOS. I ended up editing and re-compiling gnudoit, so
it does the quoting right, but it is now specific to my use (and no
longer called gnudoit). It's in C++; I used the cygwin g++
compiler. gnudoit is a really short program, not hard to understand.
My change works fine. Let me know if you want my source, or you can
start from gnudoit.

--
-- Stephe