Re: [h-e-w] gnus & w3: rgb.txt are the same file

From: Stephen Leake
Subject: Re: [h-e-w] gnus & w3: rgb.txt are the same file
Date: 10 Dec 2001 14:26:41 -0500

address@hidden (Adam PrzepiĆ³rkowski) writes:

> Stephen Leake <address@hidden> writes:
> > > Occasionally, Gnus and/or w3 have problems displaying an html-encoded
> > > message and report the following error:
> > >
> > > c:/PROGRAM FILES/GNU-EMACS-21.1/etc/rgb.txt and c:/Program
> > > Files/GNU-Emacs-21.1/etc/rgb.txt are the same file
> >
> > Usually this form of message is not an "error", it is just
> > information. "error" means it aborts the lisp function; does that
> > really happen? If it is just "information", you can ignore it. It
> > means one part of the program is being case-sensitive, and another
> > insensitive.
>
> Yes, it does abort, i.e., this error message is displayed, and the
> email is not.  I can only view the email literally (C-u g).  Any ideas
> how to deal with that?  Is this a w3 bug?

Hmm. It may be that some other error is causing the abort, and this is
just the last message that was output. Try setting Help | Options |
Debug on Error, and seeing where the real error is.

If that doesn't help, set "debug_on_entry" on the top level function,
and trace thru to where the file names are given different cases, and
see if you can fix it.

Just for the record, I've never seen this problem. I use Gnus for both
email and news, and I have w3 loaded to read HTML email.

Good Luck!

--
-- Stephe