Re: [h-e-w] cygwin ispell and emacs 21.1

From: Underwood, Jonathan
Subject: Re: [h-e-w] cygwin ispell and emacs 21.1
Date: Wed, 5 Dec 2001 17:33:40 -0500

Hi

Having done a bit more tracing it seems the problem lies in the fact that i
was purposefully not putting the directory containing the cygwin dll in my
PATH system variable (according to cygwin wisdom, it;s not a good idea to do
this generally), but relying upon ispell.el to run ispell via a
non-interactive shell command eg. bash -c ispell <file> and having an
initialization file set up the path for bash correctly. However ispell.el
just lunges at the ispell executeable (found via my exec-path emacs
variable). This seems somewhat inconsistent to me since, eg. compile
commands are all launched via a non-intereactive shell. Unless i'm missing
something, for consistency, ispell.el should launch ispell via a
non-interactive shell also.

Any thoughts?

jonathan.