Re: [h-e-w] Re: migrating Outlook Express to gnus

From: Michael R. Wolf
Subject: Re: [h-e-w] Re: migrating Outlook Express to gnus
Date: 03 Dec 2001 09:31:08 -0500

Christoph Conrad <address@hidden> writes:
> <http://linuxdoc.org/HOWTO/mini/Outlook-to-Unix-Mailbox.html>

Thanks.  I did a little pokin' around.  Here's what I found in case
it's useful to others.

The referenced page specifically says that it will not do "Outlook
Express".  But it *will* do "Outlook".  Don't you love Microsoft?
They use different format files for different programs - reasonable.
But they name the different programs similarly - breeding confusion.
And they only convert from one to the other -- mafioso-like, keeping
it in the family.

There were some links from the mentioned page to a set of  more
general conversion routines.  Here's the link.  It's *much* more than
I could use (i.e. MacOS, pine, elm, Eudora, cc:Mail).

http://www.emailman.com/conversion/index.html#mboxwin

Enjoy,
Michael

--