help-easejs

Re: [Help-easejs] What's the plan of future ease.js?

From: Mike Gerwitz
Subject: Re: [Help-easejs] What's the plan of future ease.js?
Date: Thu, 22 May 2014 21:19:17 -0400

On Thu, May 22, 2014 at 02:30:47PM +0800, Nala Ginrut wrote:
> I love ease.js very much, and I'm considering to integrate it into my
> web-framework Artanis as the base of the frontend in web. My original
> choosing is jQuery, before I realized there's a GNU official one.

Hey, Nala: thanks for your interest in the project!

GNU ease.js is strictly a framework that provides a classical
object-oriented paradigm to ECMAScript; it is not an alternative to jQuery,
which provides DOM abstractions. It would be appropriate to use both ease.js
and jQuery together; you could even type check against jQuery's interface
using the [interface interop feature of v0.2.2][0].

> My question is that the current ease.js seems only a Object-Oriented
> system, I expect event handling, animation, and Ajax, etc.
> So I come here to ask if there's a plan for these stuffs in the future.

ease.js will remain strictly a classicial OO system; it will not contain
anything that can be implemented *using it*. I am currently working on event
and promise support that cleanly integrates with ease.js through its trait
system (still under development); that, however, is part of a separate
library that uses ease.js; I'll be announcing that at some point in the near
future.

There are no plans to introduce animation support; you should use a library
that is already good at doing that. I will be creating a object-oriented
network/API abstraction as part of the aforementioned library, but it again
will not be part of ease.js itself; it will merely serve as an abstraction
that may be used with an underlying system (e.g. XMLHttpRequest or
Socket.io).

So, it would be appropriate to use GNU ease.js if you are interested in the
paradigm it provides for creating classes, interfaces, and traits.

I hope that helps.

[0]: https://www.gnu.org/software/easejs/manual/Interface-Interop.html
     and http://git.savannah.gnu.org/cgit/easejs.git/commit/?id=74f53aa8

Best,