help-debbugs

Unable to deliver email reply to bug

From: Alfredo Finelli
Subject: Unable to deliver email reply to bug
Date: Thu, 15 Sep 2022 11:18:03 +0200

Hi,

I recently reported an emacs bug to debbugs.gnu.org:

https://lists.gnu.org/archive/html/bug-gnu-emacs/2022-09/msg01147.html

The original bug report was delivered by the email system and correctly
accepted by the debbugs server.  Then the maintainer replied, as you can
see in the thread, and I had to reply back.  My second message had a To:
header to the maintainer (a gnu.org email address) and a Cc: header to the
bug email address 57771@debbugs.gnu.org.

The maintainer received my message correctly but after some hours my
mailer-daemon informed me that the message to debbugs had not been
delivered because it had been delayed.  As you can see in the thread
archive of the bug-gnu-emacs mailing list my message is still shown as
"not available", although it has already been replied to.

I would like to understand what happened and if there is anything I can do
on my side to improve my interaction with debbugs for future bug reports.

Best regards.