help-debbugs

Re: Fix for bug #22945 misteriously vanished from the tree?

From: Bob Proulx
Subject: Re: Fix for bug #22945 misteriously vanished from the tree?
Date: Sat, 4 Apr 2020 16:51:29 -0600

Hello Fulvio,

Fulvio Scapin wrote:
> Yes, I did write to bug-gzip after writing here, this being not the
> right place to begin with.

Oh good.  I am glad the right groups of people are conversing now. :-)

> i guess I had worked a little too much that day. I was in the middle
> of opening an issue for the zstd wrapper zstdgrep regarding the
> contents of my old zgrep issue.

I think we are all a little stressed out lately.  And while some
people are not able to work others of us are overloaded with work and
can't keep up.  It's feast or famine!

But it made me smile to read yoru tale.  Even though it was a tale of
woe.  It just shows that we are all human and we are all in this together.

> I was convinced that the distro I was using, being from 2018, shipped
> with a more recent version of gzip than the 1.6 which had the issue.
> It turns out that it didn't.
> And then I kept looking at the history of zgrep.1 instead of zgrep.in
> in the cgit of Savannah to compound my mistake.

Stress not about this.  We have all been there! :-)

> So too much baseless convinction for one day :) And fortunately it was
> just my blunder.
>
> Thanks for the check and sorry to have wasted your time needlessly.

It really were no trouble at all so do not stress further about it.  I
was happy to do it.  And I am very glad to hear things have been
sorted out in the time since.

Bob