help-debbugs

Re: Mail processing problem on debbugs?

From: Glenn Morris
Subject: Re: Mail processing problem on debbugs?
Date: Sun, 29 Mar 2020 15:25:39 -0400

Bob Proulx wrote:

>> Perhaps also you could advise what to do about
>> https://debbugs.gnu.org/cgi-bin/mailman/admin/debbugs-submit/bounce
>>
>> Should it just be disabled?
>
> I think it should be disabled.  However the documentation says that
> bounces are then simply discarded.  Which isn't what we want either.

I think that sounds fine?
We are talking about discarding an error message that debbugs seems to
mistakenly send to itself. Ideally we want this error to go to the
original human that caused it, but it doesn't, so throwing it away
sounds ok to me. Better than bringing down the system. At some point the
original human might send a help message that says "where did my (bogus)
mail go to".