help-debbugs

Re: Mail processing problem on debbugs?

From: Glenn Morris
Subject: Re: Mail processing problem on debbugs?
Date: Sun, 29 Mar 2020 13:56:13 -0400

Glenn Morris wrote:

> 1) why did this happen? Some transient problem, or...?

Looks like people have been sending mail to ###-reopen, which gets
converted to -reopen, which fails. I have never tried to reopen a bug in
this way. I always use the control address. I don't know if ###-reopen
is supposed to work, but it seems like it doesn't, and is in fact a
great way to do a DOS attack...
I might set mailman to reject such messages.

I see mailman-owner is aliased to me and listhelper.
I will add the other sysadmin addresses.