help-debbugs

Re: bugs not marked as 'done' after email with 'close NNNNN'

From: Bob Proulx
Subject: Re: bugs not marked as 'done' after email with 'close NNNNN'
Date: Sun, 22 Jan 2017 17:25:14 -0700

Assaf Gordon wrote:
> A small question about closing bugs:
>
> In two cases, I've send emails containing the command 'close NNNNN',
> but the bugs are not marked as done:
>   https://debbugs.gnu.org/cgi/bugreport.cgi?bug=25390#41
>   https://debbugs.gnu.org/cgi/bugreport.cgi?bug=25377#17
>
> Am I doing something wrong ?

You need to BCC the address@hidden address so that the
control server can read those commands.  (I can't tell if you are not
but that seems like the most typical reason.)  Otherwise it just goes
to the bug log.  BCC is best there because then if someone does a
reply-all to the bug it doesn't follow-up to the control address. :-)

Bob