help-debbugs

Re: Submitter Email?

From: Bob Proulx
Subject: Re: Submitter Email?
Date: Mon, 8 Dec 2014 12:22:12 -0700

Glenn Morris wrote:
> Bob Proulx wrote:
> > I assume the others are the same too.
>
> The MFT header is added to the cc to the bug-list that goes out when a
> report is closed by sending a mail to 123-done. It is not added to
> any-and-all mails, because there is no need.

I disagree.  The MFT header is needed in both cases.

One feature the Debian BTS has that the GNU BTS does not have is the
ability to subscribe to bugs.  Or have I missed seeing that feature in
the GNU BTS?  That is an alternative, harder to use, alternative that
allows someone to subscribe to a bug and therefore be notified of
activity in it.  After having missed many messages from bugs I have
submitted I now automatically subscribe myself to any bug I submit or
comment upon in the Debian BTS.  But such automatic subscription isn't
trivial to set up and I don't expect GNU BTS submitters to do so.  But
it does at least supply an alternative way to keep informed of activity.

> It fixes the issue you reported in
>
> http://lists.gnu.org/archive/html/help-debbugs/2012-11/msg00000.html

It was unintended that the example used was a -done message.  I
intended to report that as applying to all messages.  It just happened
to be that the example was a -done message but I see nothing specially
different between the two.  (When I think of it I have been manually
adding the MFT header in my mails.  But I often forget.  It should be
possible for me to automated the process on my messages.)

Please may I request a MFT header be added to messages sent to the GNU
BTS as an enhancement request?  (Without specifying -done or other
special messages.)  It would help to direct emails to the desired
locations.  Pretty please with sugar on it?  :-)

Bob