help-debbugs

Re: 43-hour ack-message delay?

From: Glenn Morris
Subject: Re: 43-hour ack-message delay?
Date: Tue, 01 May 2012 12:30:40 -0400

Jim Meyering wrote:

> Just a heads up that while I filed four bugs Saturday evening, it took
> 43 hours for the ack email messages (one below) to reach me.

Hi Jim,

I believe you can log into debbugs.gnu.org. In cases like this, feel
free to poke around the exim logs and see if anything jumps out. That's
all that I do! :)

I believe the original cause was:

2012-04-28 17:59:52 [5625] 1SOFfS-0001Si-3L == address@hidden
R=dnslookup T=remote_smtp defer (-44): SMTP error from remote mail
server after RCPT TO:<address@hidden>: host mx.meyering.net
[88.168.87.75]: 450 4.7.1 Client host rejected: cannot find your
hostname, [140.186.70.43]

So perhaps there was a DNS glitch somewhere.