help-cfengine

FreeBSD, cfengine 2.0.8p1 and multiple network cards don't work well tog

From: Juha Ylitalo
Subject: FreeBSD, cfengine 2.0.8p1 and multiple network cards don't work well together...
Date: Thu, 18 Sep 2003 09:51:03 +0300

I have pretty standard rack PC with two network interfaces (xl0 and xl1)
running FreeBSD 4.8-RELEASE-p5. I went to /usr/ports/sysutils/cfengine2,
removed all the patch files that were done for 2.0.3 version, removed
distinfo file, copied cfengine 2.0.8p1 into /usr/ports/distfiles,
updated 2.0.8p1 as version number into port's Makefile, did 'make
makesum' and 'make install'. All compiled nicely, but when I try to run
cfservd with '-d1 -d2 -d3', I get following message on screen.

GetInterfaceInfo()
Interface 1: xl0
AddClassToHeap(net_iface_xl0)
Appending [net_iface_xl0]
Interface 6: ,<DE>><CE>8^R^B
AddClassToHeap(net_iface_____8__)
Appending [net_iface_____8__]
cfservd: No such network device
cfservd: ioctl: Device not configured

While the real solution of course is that GetInterfaceInfo needs some
fixing, I am wondering is there any way to specify which network
interfaces cfservd must listen? (I only need it on xl0)
One additional detail on this problem is taht cfservd.conf parsing will
happen after getInterfaceInfo, so it probably would have to be done with
command line arguments.
Any advices on how to get this solved ASAP? (other than downgrading back
to cfengine 2.0.3?)

--
Juha Ylitalo       juha.o.ylitalo@nokia.com           <work e-mail>
+358 40 562 6152   http://linux.nokia.com/~jylitalo/  <work www>