help-cfengine

Re: Denying connections from 255.255.255.255

From: Anthony Veale
Subject: Re: Denying connections from 255.255.255.255
Date: Tue, 16 Sep 2003 10:54:15 -0600

On advice from this list, namely:

> What compiler did you use to compile cfengine on the SGI?  If it was gcc,
> try using the MIPSpro compilers instead.  There's this note about mips and
> IRIX 6 in the gcc docs

I have been trying to recompile using the mips pro compiler.

What I have installed is:
  cc -version
  MIPSpro Compilers: Version 7.3.1.2m

The problem is a failure to compile package.c in the src directory:

/usr/bin/cc -DHAVE_CONFIG_H -I. -I. -I.  -I/usr/local/BerkeleyDB.4.1/include
-I/usr/local/ssl/include     -g -I/usr/local/BerkeleyDB.4.1/include -w   -g
-I/usr/local/BerkeleyDB.4.1/include -w -c `test -f 'package.c' || echo
'./'`package.c
cc-1065 cc: ERROR File = package.c, Line = 36
  A semicolon is expected at this point.

  static inline int xislower(int c)  {
                ^

cc-1166 cc: ERROR File = package.c, Line = 63
  Expected a declaration.

  { FILE *pp;
  ^

There are a slew more errors before it quits, but I suspect they are
all derived from the first one.

I preprocessed the package.c file to see what is going on at that
point.  The relevant code is:

#line 29 "package.c"

void ParseEVR (char * evr, const char * *ep, const char * *vp, const char *
*rp);
int rpmvercmp (const char *a, const char *b);

static inline int xislower(int c)  {
    return (c >= 'a' && c <= 'z');
}

There's no obvious (to me) syntax error above it, and unfortunately I
don't know enough (read: anything) about inlining to know whether
there are options that the MIPSpro compiler needs to allow inlining.

Any guidance would be greatly appreciated.  TIA.

--
Anthony Vealé
National Snow and Ice Data Center