help-cfengine

'mailcheck' action deprecated?

From: Kirk Bauer
Subject: 'mailcheck' action deprecated?
Date: Sun, 25 Aug 2002 13:22:20 -0400 (EDT)

I see a reference to the 'mailcheck' action in the cfengine 2.0
reference manual, but it is commented out in the example inputs included
with the distribution.  It is also not mentioned in the 2.0 tutorial,
yet the 'mailserver' block is defined.

1) Is the 'mailcheck' command deprecated?  My best guess is that
'addmounts' now does what 'mailcheck' used to?

2) Does the directory listed in the 'mailserver' section need to also
be listed in the 'mountables' section?

Any clarification would be greatly appreciated.