action code block delimiters

From: anand akhare
Subject: action code block delimiters
Date: Mon, 27 Mar 2023 08:32:46 +0000

hello bison team
    I have studied bison and developed software based on it. My question is one
technical and later one is in general.
    After using bison for some reason, I developed parser generator which is
unique in implementation compare to many years parser generators are modeled on
yacc. Parser generator gills which I created is on github
https://github.com/aakhare-anand/gills. In this the skeleton parser is library
and actual auto generated code is just data structure. I am in process of
developing tool to convert yacc like syntax file to the data structure. One
thing I noticed is that if we have proper delimiter for action code blocks like
{# or anything appropriate then we do not need to check for syntax of C in
action code. I am not sure why this has not been simplified for easier
implementation of parser generator. If there is any technical reason that it
did not work out or has this been a discussion earier that did not conclude to
go ahead with it, pls give me some pointers. If proper delimiters are used,
rest of action code block can be left to compiler to compile it.
    Another in general question is after I developed the gills, if it needs to
be used by some project, I could not figure out except compilers and
interpreters can use it. I did it not because i am expert and earn through
compiler or parser generator work and so my ideas about applications of parser
generators are limited. Pls provide me any inputs on what software applications
or industries are parser generators used heavily?

Regards
Anand