Re: glr2.cc compile errors under Windows

From: Jot Dot
Subject: Re: glr2.cc compile errors under Windows
Date: Sun, 21 Nov 2021 12:01:49 -0700 (MST)

> Don't use semantic_type or YYSTYPE, just value_type.
>
> The name semantic_value is deprecated: it is supported by old parsers, but new
> ones use only value_type.

Ok. I replaced YYSTYPE with my parser's value_type.
I did a similar action for YYLTYPE (since that too is undefined).

Everything still compiles and works with glr.cc

With glr2.cc I get the following error:

1>D:\data\c\gen\Gen Parser\parser.cpp(987,42): warning C4003: not enough
arguments for function-like macro invocation 'max'
1>D:\data\c\gen\Gen Parser\parser.cpp(987,42): error C2589: '(': illegal token
on right side of '::'

And the generated code that causes this error is:

  template<typename T>
  const std::ptrdiff_t strong_index_alias<T>::INVALID_INDEX =
    std::numeric_limits<std::ptrdiff_t>::max ();

I would imagine this is new to glr2 since I can't find it in glr generated code.

PS: I'm not in a rush for this. I wouldn't want this issue to keep you from
more pressing matters.

Thanks