Re: Bison 3.6 requires runtime type information?

From: Adrian
Subject: Re: Bison 3.6 requires runtime type information?
Date: Sat, 27 Jun 2020 04:21:54 -0400

Hi,

Thanks for the quick reply.
My apologies for the lack of info in my original email;
I assumed it was intended behaviour.
The exact error message I'm getting is:

In constructor 'Parser::semantic_type::semantic_type(T&&)’:
error: cannot use typeid with -fno-rtti

When I open the generated parser.hpp file,
it clearly contains a typeid call in what seems to be bison code.

I'm not sure what skeleton I'm using (I actually want to ask about that too);
I'm just specifying %language "c++".
What's the difference between using that declaration and using the
skeleton declaration?
Should I be doing both (but everything seemed to work fine with C++
and bison 3.4.2 without the skeleton declaration)?

I'm not sure exactly what command I'm running as I'm using the cmake module.
But I would guess the only flags it passes are for setting the output files.

When I grep the bison 3.6.4 source for "typeid", I find references
inside data/skeletons/variant.hh.
Indeed, I am using variants along with api.token.constructor.
However, strangely when I grep the 3.4.2 source, I also find
references to typeid (in that same file),
so I'm not sure why I'm only getting a compilation error now.

Hopefully this provides more useful information.
Please let me know if I can provide anything else.

Kind regards,
Adrian