Re: A Little Note

From: Akim Demaille
Subject: Re: A Little Note
Date: Sun, 3 May 2020 11:02:30 +0200

Hi Arthur,

> Le 16 déc. 2013 à 16:19, Arthur Schwarz <address@hidden> a écrit :
>
> Hi Akim;
>
> You mentioned thatSection 3.0 deals with C, not with the other languages.
> Then if we look at this statement more closely we begin to get confused.
> Section 3.7.12 and 3.7.13

You were referring to %define and %code summaries, which are 3.7.14 and 3.7.15
today.

> contain directives which deal with C/C++, then again Section 10.2.9 deals
> exclusively with Java directives.

You were referring to "Java Declarations Summary" which is 10.2.10 today.

> The point being that the manual is seriously wrong and justly maligned. It
> needs to be rewritten and a firm editorial vision imposed. Despite your
> enthusiasm for the manual, it is one of the most poorly written that I have
> ever seen. It has many errors in it, it is poorly organized, uses novel
> expressions, contains incomplete sections and on, and on, and on.
>

> I am willing to support the effort of reorganization, contributing to the
> supplying of a vision, and writing. But this tedious effort of researching
> each and every fault is wearying and time consuming. So, if we can have a
> meeting of the minds and discuss our alternate visions then let's start.
> Otherwise, I just have to finish my current project.

I'm not in favor of having everything split per language, especially because
that's also the best way to keep some uniformity.  And also save us from
duplication.

The Java doc might wrong in keep its summary on its side.

Maybe we should move %define and %code in the appendice.  I don't know, I
should ask for other people's opinion.

Cheers!