Parsing/defining getopt style strings

From: Michael Treibton
Subject: Parsing/defining getopt style strings
Date: Mon, 17 Aug 2015 10:40:45 +0100

Hello all,

I have an existing application which uses a lot of YACC for its
configuration file.  In trying to stream-line a lot of options, and
for wider changes surrounding the application itself, I'm looking at
trying to define something in YACC which would allow to the inclusion
of getopt style strings.

Is this possible?

By getopt, I mean BSD-style getopt where there's only a single-letter
option.  Hence, in terms of what this might look like in the
configuration file itself, I was thinking:

        some_command -ab -c option some_other_option

Where you can see "-ab" in this case are just options, with "-c"
taking an "option", and then "some_other_option" being separate.

Is this even possible, I wonder?

TIA!

Michael