Re: %destructor and unused values

From: Akim Demaille
Subject: Re: %destructor and unused values
Date: Mon, 28 Jan 2013 18:17:56 +0100

Le 28 janv. 2013 à 18:14, "John P. Hartmann" <address@hidden> a écrit :

> Thank you for the clarification.  I see.
>
> I guess I am handicapped by having converted the parser code to /360
> assembler language.

You are one of a kind :)

> Others might have studied the skeleton code.  Maybe a comment to the
> effect that one should forget having seen this assignment?

Well, currently C++ reads:

    /* If YYLEN is nonzero, implement the default value of the action:
       `$$ = $1'.  Otherwise, use the top of the stack.

       Otherwise, the following line sets YYLHS.VALUE to garbage.
       This behavior is undocumented and Bison
       users should not rely upon it.  */

and c reads:

  /* If YYLEN is nonzero, implement the default value of the action:

     Otherwise, the following line sets YYVAL to garbage.
     This behavior is undocumented and Bison
     users should not rely upon it.  Assigning to YYVAL
     unconditionally makes the parser a bit smaller, and it avoids a
     GCC warning that YYVAL may be used uninitialized.  */

but I guess it doesn't show in /360 assembler :)