Re: Includes

From: Akim Demaille
Subject: Re: Includes
Date: Thu, 19 Jan 2012 09:51:58 +0100

Le 15 janv. 2012 à 22:20, Csaba Raduly a écrit :

> The thing is, it's a corporate software built on corporate machines
> (Ubuntu 10, SLES 11) which have either 2.3 or 2.4 installed.
> I'll try to lobby my colleagues to ditch 2.3 :)

I don't know your environment, but maybe not everybody needs to
run Bison.  So you could have some %require just to be on the
safe side, and be sure to include your generated files in your
repository/work environment.  That way, those who really need
to edit the grammar file have more freedom, without pushing too
much on the others.

That's what Bison itself does (and GCC, and Autoconf, and all
these tools that "bootstrap themselves", or more generally
put more requirements on the environment of those who develop
them than on people who just compile them).