Re: warning: unused value: $3

From: Hans Aberg
Subject: Re: warning: unused value: $3
Date: Fri, 27 Oct 2006 14:26:29 +0200

On 27 Oct 2006, at 07:59, Joel E. Denny wrote:

I'd rather choose a global default (mid-rule warnings on or off) and then let the user specify otherwise either globally (-W) or case-by-case (USE).

The way I reason is that a package distribution should normally not issue any warnings - just confusing to the end user. But one should be able to use them at need while developing. So I think the normal thing is to not issue warnings on code that is perfectly legal, but having flags for enabling them. Isn't that what say GCC does for unused variables?

  Hans Aberg