Re: Sample Bison Grammer Files

From: Hans Aberg
Subject: Re: Sample Bison Grammer Files
Date: Sat, 1 Oct 2005 00:47:43 +0200

On 30 Sep 2005, at 23:59, Jason T Ki wrote:

I have only recently learned about the existence of Bison and the
various tools used for parsing. The manual for Bison posted on the GNU
website was a nice introduction but was too complex to allow myself to
answer my questions. I was wondering if there was any additional text
that would help clarify the use of Bison. If not, then I am not sure how
best to get my numerous questions answered.

The simplest way to get started is with the calculator example, which I recall is described in the Bison manual. It is also in the book by Aho, Sethi & Ullman, "Compilers...", which also describes how to use Lex; use Flex instead. The Usenet newsgroup comp.compilers has a FAQ posted there monthly with more information. Expand from there, the way you want to go.

  Hans Aberg