yacc : command not found

From: Cyprien Simons
Subject: yacc : command not found
Date: Fri, 18 Jun 2004 13:34:43 +0200

Hi everybody,

I'm trying to install flex since two days and I'm really going crazy... It
first tell me "yacc: command not found" So, I installed Bison 1.875 and then
retry to compile flex but I get the message just the same. I tried to remove
the "yacc" command in the make file and to replace it with "bison -y" but
then I was told "bison: command not found".
So I checked the installation by doing "bison --version" and there I got a
pretty strange result. When I'm root, the computer doesn't know anything
about bison, and when I'm just a normal user, he tells me that the bison
1.875 is installed...

I've tried to reinstall Bison totally in root mode but it didn't changed a
bit... The strangest part is that on another computer, installing bison
solved everything. No need to replace the yacc command in the makefile.

I'd be very happy if someone could help me solve this problem. By the way,
it's not the only program where I got this strange problem...

Cyprien Simons