Re: Any links to match REFERENCES?

From: Akim Demaille
Subject: Re: Any links to match REFERENCES?
Date: 19 Apr 2002 09:54:09 +0200

>>>>> "Russ" == Russ Lewis <address@hidden> writes:

Russ> The REFERENCES file notes two articles to read, "Static
Russ> Semantics in Compiler Error Recovery"

This one is Corbett's thesis, see

        http://www.lrde.epita.fr/~akim/download/corbett-phd.ps.bz2

Beware: huge because... pixmaps...

Russ> and "Efficient Construction of LALR(1) Lookahead Sets".  I can't
Russ> find any links to anyplace on the web where they can be found.

I'm looking for it too.  But there are other papers explaining these
bits elsewhere.  But of course, I forgot where :(

Russ> Does anybody have links to these, or to similar documents that
Russ> would be a good starting point for learning Bison's design?

Starting with these papers is a bad idea.  Do you perfectly understand
LALR(1) parsing?  If not, that's the most important thing.  See
http://www.cs.vu.nl/~dick/PTAPG.html.