Re: Bison 1.28c is released

From: Akim Demaille
Subject: Re: Bison 1.28c is released
Date: 17 Aug 2001 16:40:45 +0200

>> An option that comes to my mind is the ability to change the ".tab"
>> infix only: It would be more logical if was ".y" or nothing.

Pascal> Yes, it's a good idea.

Please, no.  Stop this featurism.  Yet the *_extensions are provided
to help Hans do what he wants, but let's stop cluttering Bison with
zillions of such options.  Our world is that of shells and Makefile
and mv to do what ever you want to.  MacOS shall not have more
influence than this, we already went way too far.

It seems to me that there is already way enough means to play tricks
with file names to have this completely useless.  And %output will be
activated.