accessing yyval outside lex and yacc

From: Manju James
Subject: accessing yyval outside lex and yacc
Date: Fri, 20 Jul 2001 09:04:21 +0200

Hi - i am a realtively new user of Flex and Bison -

was wondering if sumone could clear a doubt for me.

Is it possible to access yyval externally (from another file -  for
instance)?
I would like to gain access to the $$ value of the  last
non-terminal/terminal that yyparse() builds.

I am calling yyparse() from main() in a separate C++ file - and it seems to
work fine - and now i want to use what it builds.

would be eternally grateful for any help received.

Regards
Manju James
Telecommunications Research Group (CeTAS)
Department of Electrical and Information Engineering
University of the Witwatersrand
e-mail: address@hidden
http://www.satina.ee.wits.ac.za