Re: set +p exits 31

From: Grisha Levit
Subject: Re: set +p exits 31
Date: Fri, 30 Jun 2023 03:10:16 -0400

On Thu, Jun 29, 2023, 20:22 alex xmb ratchev <fxmbsw7@gmail.com> wrote:

> bash-5.2$ set -p
> bash-5.2$ set +p
>
> [Process completed (signal 31) - press Enter]
>
> this is supposed i guess .. ?
>
> its android noroot termux , maybe thats why , bad uid mess
>
> on linux serv it doesnt exit

This is a problem with (at least some) Android versions. The setresgid and
setgid functions are in the C library, but actually calling it causes a
SIGSYS (Bad system call) signal to be sent.

This occasionally gets me too, attached is a patch that works around the
issue by not bothering to call the set*id functions when the effective IDs
already match real ones.