Re: cope with spaces in an environment variable

From: Greg Wooledge
Subject: Re: cope with spaces in an environment variable
Date: Mon, 19 Jun 2023 07:15:23 -0400

On Mon, Jun 19, 2023 at 06:21:30AM -0400, Jeffrey Walton wrote:
> Unix & Linux has never dealt with spaces in paths well, like Windows.
> I would not try to use a path with spaces on Unix or Linux. It's like
> trying to piss into the wind.
>
> Rename the path so it does not have spaces.

This is not terrible advice, but sometimes it's out of your control.

unicorn:~$ find .steam -type d -name '* *'
.steam/debian-installation/config/htmlcache/Code Cache
.steam/debian-installation/config/htmlcache/Local Storage
.steam/debian-installation/config/htmlcache/Session Storage
.steam/debian-installation/config/htmlcache/File System
[...]

unicorn:~$ find .cache/google-chrome -type d -name '* *'
.cache/google-chrome/Default/Code Cache
[...]