Re: Construct ANSI colour codes

From: pauline-galea
Subject: Re: Construct ANSI colour codes
Date: Wed, 7 Apr 2021 22:41:36 +0200

I need something clear because the reference suggests hard-coded colors
but for foreign systems you should rely on terminfo/termcap even if buggy.

I could actually do both.  Have begun using the following code.  Trying to
remove the first letter from "fgcl".

colr="Gn_dRd"
fgcl=`echo "$colr" | awk 'BEGIN {FS="_"} {print $2}'`

echo "fgcl: $fgcl"

case "$fgcl" in
  "Bk")
     s="30m"