Re: Making copies of files

From: Christopher Dimech
Subject: Re: Making copies of files
Date: Thu, 1 Apr 2021 14:45:33 +0200

> Sent: Thursday, April 01, 2021 at 3:13 PM
> From: "Greg Wooledge" <greg@wooledge.org>
> To: help-bash@gnu.org
> Subject: Re: Making copies of files
>
> On Thu, Apr 01, 2021 at 02:31:17AM +0200, michael-franzese@gmx.com wrote:
> > Have now converted my files to org files and used html2text to remove the
> > html markup commands.
> >
> > Have now ended up with paragraphs as follows.  I would now like to read the
> > org files and introduce a newline whenever a line ends with a period ".".
>
> Corollary 1.1: The questioner's second description of the problem/question
> will also be misleading.
>
> https://mywiki.wooledge.org/XyProblem
>
> I told you already: replace the cp with whatever you *actually* want
> to do.  It seems what you actually wanted to do was run
>
> lynx -dump "$f" > "${f%.htm}.org"
>
> in the body of the loop.  But instead of doing that, you've gone down
> some detour, and now you're trying to cut through the god damned forest
> in between the detour and the road you wanted to be on.  So now you're
> asking us how to build a chain saw out of your car's windshield wipers
> so you can cut down all the trees that are in your way.
>
> And this is absolutely. positively par for the course.  That's what makes
> this whole thing so stupidly frustrating.

This is another example of people freaking out when someone asks a question
and after helping out you called the person that they are stupid.

Perhaps the person is doing one the at a time after seeing the output
of each operation from the selected files.  Then recognising that he
would like to clean up the output using some additional commands.